Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Monday, October 22, 2012

Candy Trains


We are preparing our first annual Christmas party for Y.E.S. Around 40 people are expected, but we’ll know more as soon as we determine a date and a venue. We purchased many of the Christmas decorations before we left the U.S. After Christmas sales are a wonderful thing. Quite a few of the decorations were purchased at bargain basement prices.

A very special surprise will be at the party. I can’t disclose anymore than that. One thing that I can show you are our candy trains. We wanted something that would represent “Station” as in our business name, “Your English Station.” The trains are edible and are a lot of fun to make. The hardest part of making them is not being able to eat any of the inventory. I love chocolate and the smell of chocolate candy is driving me nuts. The trains consist of peppermint candies, Lifesavers, Rolos, Wrigley’s Doublemint Gum, Starbursts, Hershey Miniatures, and Hershey Kisses. They were assembled with a hot glue gun. I’ve made 18 trains with 22 more to go.    George


 

 

2 comments:

  1. I like the trains and going to make them for xmas. Last year I made sleds and they were a big hit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been making sleds,this is great something different to make

    ReplyDelete