Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Bubble Nebula (NGC 7635)


I wanted to do something a little different with this image. Using PixInsight, StarTools, and Photoshop, I was able to create an image that looks more like an oil painting rather than a photograph. I’ve always wanted to try something like this and it was fun, time consuming, but fun. I hope you enjoy this image as much as I enjoyed creating it.

The integration time is 22 hours in Ha, OII, and SII. A modified SHO palette was used. Some of the stars were shrunk and even removed to highlight the “bubble” in the nebula. A great interpretation of the Bubble Nebula can be seen here . The Hubble image looks almost unreal. The bubble is being formed by opposing forces. Expanding gases from the inside of the bubble are being opposed by incredibly high stellar winds from the surrounding gases outside the bubble. 

I'll try to post an Ha image of this really cool object. The image will be in monochrome which gives the bubble a different perspective. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment